Save the Date: Nov. 8, 2013 for Research Data Management workshop
2013-06-20 17:29:12 <Kafel, Donna>
The Lamar Soutter Library at UMass Medical School will be hosting a one day class on Scientific Research Data Management on Friday, November 8th at the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester. This class will use the case study method of instruction to help prepare health sciences, science and technology librarian attendees for roles in scientific data management.
Learning objectives for class participants include:
* Learn to identify the types and formats of data in a research case;
* Identify the various levels of ownership and stages of research data;
* Describe the typical data lifecycle represented by a case;
* Categorize patient data storage and security considerations;
* Evaluate and appraise data publishing and storage options;
* Indicate the various descriptors of raw data;
* Record project identifiers for specific research data;
* Review various naming conventions;
* Recognize data format importance for long-term access needs;
* List and select various ways to assure the security of their data;
* Recognize data privacy requirements;
* Identify data sharing and reporting requirements.
Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis and class size will be limited to 40 participants. Further details and a registration link are forthcoming.
Donna Kafel, MLIS
e-Science Project Coordinator
Lamar Soutter Library
University of Massachusetts Medical School
55 Lake Ave. North
Worcester, MA 01655